Tuesday, August 12, 2008

my problem with John


I've had some time to think about it, and I've finally come to the conclusion on the exact problem I have with John's scandal; it's not the affair (although I'm very disappointed that he would risk hurting his wife and family in such a devastating way); it's not the baby (which I think is probably his---who goes to see someone else's kid at 2 o'clock in the freakin' morning?). No, none of that.
It's that I think he's still lying. That, and the money.
I contributed to the Edwards campaign. Not a lot, but I don't don't make a lot. But I do work hard for my money, and I don't want it spent to pay hush money to somebody's baby mama. The folks at Jezebel can give you a better take on the particulars than I can: http://jezebel.com/5034975/john-edwards-always-knew-he-would-disappoint-women
Does anyone out there believe that a supporter would pay these large sums of money to an unmarried pregnant woman simply to help out a former campaign worker? If that's true,my daughter, who worked on the Kerry campaign four years ago is due a very big payday.
There are those that are saying that this is a personal matter, that the media shouldn't be covering it. If that were all that were involved, I might tend to agree. But if he took my money, used it illegally, then LIED about it---THAT, I want to know about.

No comments: