Wednesday, December 12, 2007
News From The Frozen Tundra
Sorry it's been so long since my last post; there's been a lot of drama surrounding our little baby which has taken a good deal of my time. I've also been babysitting, which is way harder than I remember. Don't get me wrong---I loved it, and I love her. But there's a reason 52 year olds should not have babies...
And then came the ice. Then more ice. Then snow. And more snow. We were stuck in the apartment for 2 days, and no sun for a week, so my SAD went into overdrive.
At least my power stayed on throughout---many around me were not so lucky. Some folks in outlying areas won't have power for another two weeks. That means after Christmas.
I'm going to borrow an idea from my friends at Bitch Phd, and list my Christmas wishes here.
World peace and an end to hunger are a given.
What I Want For Christmas:
1. A REAL job (that means with benefits--unlike the one I have now).
2. A real job for my daughter, preferably with onsite daycare.
3. A major attitude adjustment for grandbaby's daddy.
4. One more day with my Dad, where he remembers.
5. All those people out there to get their power back.
What would you like for Christmas, girls and boys?